Wednesday, February 26, 2014

DIVE IN - The Water's Great!!


Friends often ask me, how do I start? 

The easiest answer is also the hardest. You decide to start. You DIVE RIGHT IN! Not tomorrow, not when you have this or that, but right now! No more excuses!

I’ve known for a long time that I should start my own business. I’ve also rebelled from the idea for very personal reasons. My father owned his own business during a large part of my formative years and – while successful - I remember the impact of never knowing when the next paycheck would come. 

I like having a stable salary and the carrot of a military retirement for the rest of my life starting in only 9 years. 

But, I can’t continue to live an unfulfilled life! My heart, the very fiber of my being, is protesting against the thought of leaving my son each day and working only for a job that I don’t love. Even worse, I get to see people at work who love what they do. They love it and it shows in everything they do! It’s not the job that’s unlovable by any means, it’s just not aligned with my passions.

I’m going to start a business that maximizes my strengths and is aligned with my passion right now – I don’t want to “work” another day of my life!

Who’s with me?!

What’s been holding you back from starting your own business and following your dreams? Share with me in the comments below :)

No comments:

Post a Comment